Vast Horizon Announcements
Viewing the last 30 announcements.
Announcement number: 1
* At 10:22 a.m. Saturday August 11th 2018 announcement from the staff: We have our first activity. Don't try it because the rest of the game to go along with it isn't complete.
Announcement number: 2
* At 9:28 p.m. Wednesday July 11th 2018 announcement from the staff: You can now move around again.
Announcement number: 3
* At 9:10 p.m. Wednesday July 11th 2018 announcement from the staff: Please don't walk around for a moment.
Announcement number: 4
* At 7:55 a.m. Wednesday July 11th 2018 announcement from the staff: We now have a new game. It's called 1000 balls, or blue-balls for the wicked
Announcement number: 5
* At 5:32 a.m. Tuesday June 26th 2018 announcement from the staff: The game opens tomorrow at 12 noon. Players get mostly empty shops, dynamic rooms, space trains, and compressable containers a long with an account system. I hope everyone enjoys this game. We will build the game with you already here. Please understand there will be many crashes, rollbacks, and crazy player-wipes along the way. We understand you won't have anything, but we want to whipe all our players once a week. Please find yourself right at home here for a week at a time. The Vast Horizon staff welcomes you.
Announcement number: 6
* At 9:34 p.m. Friday July 28th 2017 announcement from the staff: Hello everyone! We just updated a lot of stuff with descriptions, so, something might be messed up if we typed something wrong. If you write a description for something in the future, and a week or so later notice it's no longer there, let us know. We rewrote an estimated 200 verbs, so, yes, stuff might be messed up. We also took the time to clean up about 130 more verbs to help stuff run better and other stuff. Thanks everyone!
Announcement number: 7
* At 11:04 a.m. Tuesday July 4th 2017 announcement from the staff: We enabled the purging system again.
Announcement number: 8
* At 12:30 a.m. Monday June 12th 2017 announcement from the staff: We have currently disabled the purge system, as it doesn't work with our new account system. We will notify you once it's been reenabled.
Announcement number: 9
* At 3:45 p.m. Tuesday June 6th 2017 announcement from the staff: Converted about 90 commands to use our new hands system. Please REPORT/SUPPORT if anything strange happens. We've removed verbs, combined a few into one, rewrote about 400 lines of code, and changed how a lot of stuff works. Tracebacks might be welcome, if we didn't use the right verbs (typed them wrong), put a few to many equal signs, and anything else along them lines! Always let us know if anything else stupid happens, like if you have one hand open which is your right, and you pick something up, but now the item that you picked up is now in your left hand when that baby bottle was in your left hand, but your right hand is still empty. Or if you pick something up and now your two hands are empty, or it doesn't pick the item up at all! Bugs are most likely welcome with this new system! We don't decline anyone!
Announcement number: 10
* At 11:19 a.m. Sunday May 28th 2017 announcement from the staff: Hello everyone. This is a test announcement, go a head and ignore.
Announcement number: 11
* At 7:40 a.m. Thursday May 25th 2017 announcement from the staff: Removed the ASSIST command. Added a much better SUPPORT command. Please view the changelogs for more information. Thanks!
Announcement number: 12
* At 12:04 a.m. Thursday January 5th 2017 announcement from the staff: We lifted the restriction on not being able to launch. Go a head and launch and move around. Weapons might not be complete, but we are getting there.
Announcement number: 13
* At 10:05 a.m. Tuesday January 3rd 2017 announcement from the staff: Charge is all fine, and no ships lost all the charge. If you want your charge to start draining, power down and power back up. Happy charging to you and your pet snail.
Announcement number: 14
* At 9:46 a.m. Tuesday January 3rd 2017 announcement from the staff: All starships might run out of charge here in a moment. I'll refuel if they do! Sorry in advance!
Announcement number: 15
* At 8:26 a.m. Tuesday December 20th 2016 announcement from the staff: Hello Players! Please do nothing with starships! A lot of stuff is going to traceback, and with that said, starships are going to be locked down. Sorry for all of the trouble this creates, but the changes will be amazing when done! I'm very sorry again.
Announcement number: 16
* At 1:05 p.m. Monday December 19th 2016 announcement from the staff: Please don't use hyperdrive for a little bit. I'm breaking it (upgrading something with it).
Announcement number: 17
* At 9:14 a.m. Saturday December 17th 2016 announcement from the staff: Hello everyone! We completely rewrote how damage is distributed across the components on a starship. This will account for route, weapons, debris, and whatever else might damage your starship. I hear you asking, so what's different and better? Well lend me your ears for a moment. Back in the old days, we had what was called stupid damage, now I hear you asking yourself, what's stupid damage? Stupid damage is where if someone shoots you with lasers, every component on your starship gets hit with the power that the persons weapons have. This my friends, is no good. Components die fast without shields, you don't last long if they go down, and all that other crappy stuff. This is now how damage is distributed. If someone shoots you with a weapon of power 100, it's going to do a number of the following. When it goes to add the damage to your starship, it's going to pick a random number from 1 to 2, if it's one it's going to pick a random component and add that 100 damage. If the number is two, it's going to split the damage in half and add half the damage (50) to the two components that it picked out. Now, this is where it gets kind of crazy. If the first component that it picks when adding damage to the two components is at 100 percent, it will default back to adding damage to only one component with the max damage that it had in the shot which is 100, however, if that first component that it defaulted back to is at 100 percent, it will pick a number from 1 and 2 again, and find a component that's surely not damaged and split the damage in 2 if the number is 2, or just put the 100 damage if the component number that it picks is only 1. Also, when it picks two components to damage, it can pick the same component twice, however, if it's picking say the hull twice, please note the hull is only getting hit with the 100 damage, not like 150 or more. What does all of this mean to you? First, damage is a lot cleaner when getting distributed across components, and weapons are able to run a little faster and cleaner when they are overhauled. Second, if your starship gets hit, it will hurt yes, but it's not going to almost cripple the ship with that one hit. If this announcement was just a huge ramble of words, and you don't understand it at all, feel free to ASSIST, and we can try and explain it better.
Announcement number: 18
* At 5:06 p.m. Tuesday November 1st 2016 announcement from the staff: Starship stores are now closed. Please check out starship building and the help file for it. Thanks!
Announcement number: 19
* At 2:44 p.m. Saturday October 29th 2016 announcement from the staff: Hello everyone! Right now you're unable to STARTOVER building a starship. It's giving people loads of money even if you have not done anything to the starship, so you could request a ship than start it over and over and over and make loads of money. Keep an eye on the changelogs for an update. Thanks, and sorry.
Announcement number: 20
* At 10:55 a.m. Thursday October 27th 2016 announcement from the staff: Just a friendly reminder. This coming sunday, the 30th everyone that is subject to be purged will be then. If you don't want to be purged, just completely log into the game, and you will be removed from the purge list. Good luck.
Announcement number: 21
* At 11:40 p.m. Sunday October 23rd 2016 announcement from the staff: Hello friends and players and humans! We now have an automatic purge system that runs. What does this mean? This means that at 1 month 23 days you will have an e-mail sent to the e-mail address that we have on file notifying you of this. If you do not log back into the game with in 7 days (1 week) after that e-mail's deliver date you will be purged. If you find out that your account was purged, you can send us an e-mail at Hosts@ugemoo.org telling us your account username, and we can pull you out of the dead. Don't forget if you ever need to change your e-mail address that we have on file, just check out the @UPDATE command and it will walk you through the steps to change it. Good luck out there!
Announcement number: 22
* At 8:10 a.m. Saturday August 13th 2016 announcement from the staff: If you're in a mission, don't abort until a very strange bug is fixed.
Announcement number: 23
* At 10:34 p.m. Friday August 12th 2016 announcement from the staff: You can buy ships again. Sorry....
Announcement number: 24
* At 5:27 p.m. Friday August 12th 2016 announcement from the staff: A lively forest comes into view, as a video announcement begins to play... Shaking of trees, crunching of twigs and grass can be heard as a 500 pound ripped Lion lumbers into view. "Hello Lost Galaxy players, my name is Balance. I have been sent to inform you of some changes that will be coming about, starting no later than tomorrow afternoon." Twisting his head to the right side, the Lion lets out a huge roar fending off a second lion that wishes to come into view. "Where was I at. Right, starting in the next 18 hours, myself, Balance, will be running all over our galaxy fixing stuff such as Asteroid Harvesting, Comet Harvesting, Starship Grabbing and many more things. When I am done with my destruction of the things I have just roared about, you will notice that they will be not rewarding as much points or cash." Licking his chops for a moment, Balance starts back up: "I don't wish for you to be status 1000 in less than a month, and have enough of this credit stuff that you don't have to work ever again. Yes, I will be requesting feedback if I have destroyed the payout just a little much, and i'll give the humans a good talking to until they adjust it." Lunging off screen, the Lion atacks a helpless bunny that was passing. Arriving back on screen, Balance finishes with saying, "I hope that this does not upset you, as I wish for you to enjoy flying around in our galaxy for a long time. Now go, get off of my screen", Balance roars, showing his teeth. A short moment later, the video tapers out, leaving the horror of the teeth burned into your mind.
Announcement number: 25
* At 11:49 p.m. Thursday August 11th 2016 announcement from the staff: Hello everyone! We made a few changes to the account system and think you should know them. When you type FORGOT to be sent a temporary password, because you forgot yours or something like that, when you log back into the game you will be forced right away to enter a new password. We also cleaned up a little bit of code in the account system with sending emails and other related things. We changed a few things with account verification, so if something breaks, please let us know. Thank you very much, and have a blessed day.
Announcement number: 26
* At 9:57 p.m. Thursday August 11th 2016 announcement from the staff: Hi hello! If you have not yet, please type @DEFAULT-HAND when you can. We wish to pump out the new hand system, but need everyone to set his or her hand first. Thanks.
Announcement number: 27
* At 8:22 p.m. Thursday August 11th 2016 announcement from the staff: Please don't buy a ship from the stores right now. We broke something.
Announcement number: 28
* At 1:20 p.m. Wednesday August 10th 2016 announcement from the staff: Welcome back, and sorry for the downtime!
Announcement number: 29
* At 6:58 p.m. Monday August 1st 2016 announcement from the staff: Hey everyone. You can feel free to move around in space, and do as you please. Not all the verbs have been converted, but i'll let you know when they are all done. Thanks!
Announcement number: 30
* At 1:32 p.m. Monday August 1st 2016 announcement from the staff: If you stumble on a lot of messages that don't work, tracebacks happening, we understand. Please hang with us. We are fixing how messages work, so you don't see your ship do something in third person. Thanks!