Vast Horizon Changelogs
Displaying the last 20 days of changes. The newest changes will be at the top of the webpage.
- Gave the @SPELL command a facelift. You can now put an entire list of words into it, such as... Helloo, how are you? It'll return the most likely replacement for HELLO. Please note the word it returns isn't always what you're looking for. It's not 100% foolproof. It'll also tell you how many errors it found.
- Fixed a bug with the COMMANDS command that made some commands show up twice.
- NEP really is a thing because there is now a help file
- Because we do things in reverse order around here, we now have artifacting, its help file and the drives to go with it. Spacesuits and containers coming soon.
- Added an @EXPLORED command. It currently says the total amount of sectors charted.
- Fixed a stupid bug with the SAY command that stripped the aposterphy off everything.
- Added the toggling of SIGHT-MODE into options. It's under MISC.
- Renamed MISC OPTIONS to GENERAL OPTIONS. Also moved GENERAL options into the first item in the list of options.
- You can now type OPTIONS and a name of one of the options. Or something short-hand like: OPTIONS GEN for general options.
- Added an option for exiting menus with the 0 key. If you don't want that option to show up if exit is an option, you can now turn it on and off through general options.
- You can now mute and unmute the general and Tactical channel through the phone settings.
- You can now type INFO AVERAGE-TIME to see through all your connections, what your average connection time is.
- Added an option under misc for turning off the relooping of menus. You know, that thing we said we were going to do some time last year?
- Fixed a bug that was deleting all phones phone numbers when one got recycled. Fixed it so that recycled phones object numbers don't get left in the charge deduction system if they got recycled while powered on. Added some checks in place to try and make sure that the phone number database didn't get cleared out under some other Circumstances. If it still does get cleared, we added a system that will rebuild the database from scratch. Did some other general phone cleanup and code rewrite.
- Removed a property from dataslates, added a mapkey, and fixed the broken verbs.
- You can now change the type of paper your dataslate is using if you have different styles loaded. Made the printer use the different types of paper, and fixed a few bugs when printing a file that isn't loaded onto the screen.
- We've rewritten a tearable verb for Dataslates. It's many times better now. Woo.
- Made the messages for fireplaces more flexable until I can be bothered to rewrite them completely.
- Added a @CHANNEL-SOCIALS command to see all the socials that'll work over the channels.
- Changed the INFO AVERAGE-TIME command to just INFO TIME.
- Help files and policies will now say at the bottom when they were last modified. We were bord.
- We now have two channels. They are the following: General and Tactical. You should have a phone, the channel should be turned on (unmuted), you should be holding the phone, and it should be powered. You can also do audible socials over them: This is how it works. Gen - or General laughs - or laugh - or lol - or
- We almost forgot: You can also do gen - or general - or tact- or tactical history. It'll show you the last 10 recorded messages if 10 were found. If it doesn't have 10 messages in the history, it'll just show you however many were there.
- Added an EXIT option under the OPTIONS command.
- Added a help file on Kapteynia Alpha.
- Added an option for the emote prompt at login. Found under NEWOPTIONS option 3, or through the menu still option 3. WAKEUP OPTIONS. You can also type WAKEUP-O like all other options.
- You can now use all forms of YES when login asks you if you want to set a custom emote wakeup. YE and Y now work, no longer just YES.
- You can now gag and ungag when you walk (move) in a direction. It's found under GAG OPTIONS. GAG-O for the lazy.
- Added an option for hiding information about new changes, announcements, and support information once you connect. This option is found under MISC OPTIONS. This comes off by default.
- NEWOPTIONS has been renamed to OPTIONS.
- You can now set a WAKEUP setting to check your hands to see what you're holding about 5 seconds after connecting.
- Removed the TIPS command, which turned on and off the helpful tips system, and put the setting into MISC OPTIONS.
- We've written a WAKEUP option in login once you pick your character that you want to log into. Typing the entire word YES will aloow you to set a custom emote stirng that will be announced to everyone through the emote command once you wakeup. Saying NO, or anything else other than the word YES will login as normal. After you type the word YES and set your string, it'll continue login as normal.
- Did even more changes to the exit system. You shouldn't notice much, though.
- Added a WHISPER command. Usage: WHISPER to .
- We have added a soundpack help file.
- Fixed a few things with the HOLDing command.
- Fixed a bug with talking directly to someone. It will no longer traceback if they're not a player object.
- Fixed some quote problems with trains. Maybe.
- Cleaned up some backend code with train stations. We also removed a few YES_OR_NO prompts from buying tickets, and if you don't have a group it passes you through to order a solo ticket. Trains really can crash soon, but more coming soon! Maybe!
- Renamed the ORDER command to MENU in train stations. No one would ever think to type ORDER. Who created this stuff.
- Oh, and also put the BUY alias to the MENU command on train stations.
- Added an @SOUNDPACKS command, and @MANAGE-SOUNDPACKS command. You can own as many soundpacks as you want, and if we find you're renaming a soundpack that someone else created and calling it your own, you'll be blocked from using the system, and all of your soundpacks will be removed. Help file coming soon.
- We've rewritten the COMMANDS command that Lambda use to have. You might find it a little better, and in a better order! Who knows.
- Oh, because one of us forgot, you can no longer check the commands of an admin.
- We added a dice help file
- Added a period that we forgot when shown a list of exits out of a room. Most likely.
- We now have dice for your gaming and gambling pleasure. You can even select how many you wish to roll. Enjoy!
- Did some clean up to the text in the @UPTIME COMMAND. Woo. Take that old text we wrote.
- Fixed something with the menu system with the 0 option as away to exit out of the menu.
- You can now PEER through go exits! You can use the name of the door, the name of one of the commands to enter it, or even the name of the room on the other side! It works the same as the GO command, but it's PEER. Few things to know however. If a go exit has a door (the little text you see when you walk through) that doesn't mean you're not able to PEER through it! You just never know! Just because you can't look through the door, doesn't mean you can't walk through it! Happy creeping on others from a room away! Uh, I mean PEERing.
- Added a much better coordinate based exit system. This will allow for PREDICTION of exits, no overlapping rooms, faster generation, faster movement, dynamic room generation, and a lot more in the future.
- Oh, and I did some other clean up to other stuff with how movement and exits are displayed. Also, if an exit wasn't removed for whatever reason and you try to walk to it, it will no longer put you in a garbage object. It'll just say you can't go that way, and remove the exit from the list of exits.
- Go exits, I see you and your bugs glaring at me. Fixed though, walk types will no longer fail with go exits when you walk through them now. Well, you might scamper, too! Who knows. If you want to twirl, twirl. If you want to jog, jog! I might laugh if you crawl though.
- Changed a few things with exits to make them slightly faster, display text better, and use a newer system that's coming soon better. Really, nothing you'll notice! That's what we like to hear around here.
- Wrote an option to ignore the point values in shop menus. Again, options aren't done, so this doesn't even work yet. Some day I'll finish my options system. What year this is, that's the true question.
- The ladies ask, and I deliver. Food only says the name of the food once when you eat it. Also fixed BIGHT to BITE, because some idiot coded it at 2 or 3 in the morning most likely. Oh, isn't it that time right now?
- Added more support to compressible containers, so that they don't compress some stuff that they shouldn't. We all know that wouldn't be good.
- The non compressible side of compressible containers works with removing things from them with the GET command, just as the compressible side does! Only a few things to note for now: 1. They suck, and if you leave the item spot blank, it doesn't bring up the uncompressed side, only the compressed side. This is because I hate all of you and don't feel like rewriting menus again to support this. Kill me, I'll understand. 2. When you GET something from a compressible container, it checks the compressed side for the object before it checks the uncompressed side. Again, kill me I don't care. 3. Last thing. This does most likely does work with the GET 2.whatever from . So, if you know the second t-shirt you put in there won't compress, you should be able to type get 2.t-shirt from and have it pull from the uncompress side. Yay! I hope you understand this, with all of the other compressible container changes I've made over the time that I've been working on them, which is like a year or more. Now we just have to do a few more things for them to help with other stuff. Like ESTIMATING for artifacts, and other cool stuff that I can't say right now, bye bye bye!
- Fixed a few bugs with multi slice containers. First, you can no longer try and pick it up again when it's already in your hand. It just bypasses the menu, and just gets an item from the container. Second, fixed some grammatical problems, when getting a drink from the container. It'll now use the name of the container, followed by what's in the container. Also fixed another problem where it would name the object wrong if the price was right.
- Did a little cleanup of some property stuff when people log into the game.
- Fixed a grammatical error in a system that doesn't matter to you all.
- Fixed a tiny bug with the @UPDATE command that told you that you entered invalid arguments after you finished updating your password.
- Kind of have a new options system! NewOPTIONS is the command, for right now! I think.
- You can now auto-stand when you walk a direction if you have the option on. However, the option toggle hasn't been wrote yet. So, don't look for it! Also, you'll be able to pick from a list of ways for the message to display. Again, this option isn't wrote. This seems like a pointless time to write this changelog, but I feel lazy and had to do something. From us to you. The worlds laziest admin staff around. Thank you for your months of support, signed, our animals.
- INFO now correctly reflects your total connected time down to the second that you type the command.
- Made it so that if an item doesn't fit into a bag, E.G you can't buy more than one of it you can pick to have it delivered to a ship. So, if it doesn't fit into a bag, that's the only way you can have it delivered to a ship.
- Fixed a wording problem in the buying multable items with shops section.
- If an announcement or change is posted while you've been idle for more than an hour, typing the commands @CHANGES and @ANNOUNCEMENTS will read them to you as if you weren't connected.
- You can now deliver items to ships when you buy them at a shop. Please do report anything that happens when it shouldn't.
- Fixed something with the creation of new characters and the new description system. Oops!
- Enabled e-mail verification.
- The death help file has been added.
- Added the help file titled Tidbits and Geography.
- Products that can be smoked are fixed. So is the news reader because yes, we broke it. Enjoy.
- Rewrote direct talking to people.
- Cigarettes are now a thing. Other smoker products coming soon.
- You can now OPEN and CLOSE compressible containers. I'm sorry.
- Also, compressible containers do a little cleanup work when they get recycled.
- You can no longer put something into a container that you're wearing.
- You can now type LIST in place of MENU in shops. Whatever drives your fancy.
- Fixed a bug where if a door didn't have a custom open/close message it wouldn't say anything when it opened or closed. If you notice anything strange with wording, do let us know.
- More menu changes around Vast Horizon. If there is not a menu option that you can pick which is a number greater than 0 to exit out of a menu, E.G  Exit, or exit in the name of the option at all, hitting the 0 key will abort out of the menu. If you hit the 0 key when there is an exit option in the menu, it just reloops the menu back to you.
- You can now PEER around! PEER without arguments to pick from a list, or PEER E.G PEER NORTH (or) PEER N. If a door is closed in the direction you peer, it will now tell you the door name and description of the door, if there is one! If no description, it'll say the famus "You see nothing special.". Enjoy!
- Fixed something so a description for an item didn't get set with "You see nothing special." If the item really didn't have a description. Oops.
- When you look at a food or drink item, and it doesn't have a description it will now block out the "You see nothing special." message.
- Fixed a bug where it wouldn't capitalise the first letter in a message that you sent through the SAY command. However, if the first letter (character) isn't a letter, it won't capitalise the first letter.
- I forgot to put it before, trains now have something to do with a train whistle. I'm not sure, I think they are calling for cats to eat. Wait, it's dogs that answer to a whistle. Dang it.
- Children now adopt the exact description of the parent. Awkward, but I guess not so in MOO.
- If there is a custom command for a shop, MENU will now tell you.
- You can now use part of a room name to go through the exit. E.G GO Faro ------- or GO Foot to go into the Faro Footwear store. Or you know, you can use the name of the door or something. Options are always good.
- You can now submit descriptions for hosts accepting needs to go live in the game! Just make sure that you spell check and grammar check before submiting. The command is @DESCRIBE in any room. Good luck! Oh, P.S. You can only submit a description if there isn't a description, and if there isn't one pending.
- Fixed a bug with the purge system that would allow your character to last another week if it was the right day of the week. Which means if it was Friday when it tried to purge your character it wouldn't purge you until the next Friday, which would just continue this loop.
- Fixed it so that if someone got an e-mail notice about one week until their character was purged it wouldn't crash the rest of the midnight cleanup system.
- You can now type @DESCRIPTIONS to see how many rooms, other objects, and the total amount of descriptions are in the entire game. Woo.
- Changed how descriptions work.
- The list of help files will now show in alphabetical order in the menu.
- Fixed the name of the Match Command and Tooth Brushes help files.
- You can now type HELP TOTAL to see how many help files the game has without having to type HELP, hit enter, and find the last number in the menu. We are the number one supporter of lazy.
- You can now MUTTER with the say command! This is how. SAY Or, you can do: SAY However, if you do: SAY ...I love having babies. It will still say: You hesitate briefly before saying, and whatever you said.
- Added an ACCENTS command. ACCENTS without arguments to pick from a menu, ACCENTS number of the accent in the menu to not pick from a menu.
- Improved the mutter part of the SAY command.
- When you type WALK to choose a new walk type, it will tell you what your current walk type is at that moment.
- You now have news readers, use news and then happy reading. The help file will give a little more explanation. Enjoy, or don't!
- Fixed our object fixer system. I guess it doesn't help if the object fixer system needs fixing.
- Menu's have been worked on. You can still us the exclamation point (!) for the first thing in the menu, dollar sign ($) to get the last thing in the menu, 1 for the first item in the menu, 2 for the second item in the menu etc etc. However, you can now type part of the item name, like blue to pick the color blue if you don't want to read through the list to find that color. Note, if there is more than one color blue just typing "BLUE" won't work. If you want ocean blue, you may have to type OCEAN blue if just BLUE comes first in the menu. Hitting ENTER still aborts you out of the menu along with @ABORT. If you type a number that's greater or less than the amount of items in the menu, it just reloops the menu around to you.
- If you don't enter at least the first 3 characters of a menu item, it will reloop the menu to you. Perhaps this will help with matching!
- If you now have the Menu Loop option enabled, hitting the ENTER key (leaving a blank line) will reloop the menu and not abort it. If you have the Menu Loop option off, it will just abort the menu.
- Made it so you can SAY numeric strings again with the SAY/' command.
- Did more work to the SAY command. Made it so it does a little more with crashwords to protect people that use Screen Readers better, and added a central database for word filters.
- Fixed the support cleanup system so it'll run.
- Want to do the last item in a menu, but don't want to see how many items are in the menu, or it's just faster to do the dollar sign ($) go a head! Input $ into the menu, and it will select the last item in the menu!
- Most likely did this for another stile of menu. People hate US.
- Using the Exclamation point (!) picks the first thing in the menu!
- Fixed like 8 or 9 more tracebacks and problems with the say command and letters being trimmed off of what you said when they shouldn't be. Fixed a few things with the main filter system, and something else with if you send just a PERIOD or a PERIOD and numbers, as the crash word system wasn't detecting them correctly.
- We now have washers and dryers. You will want to add laundry soap to the washers but it is optional. Note, the washer will take around ten minutes to complete doing your laundry. The dryer is about 5 minutes. Keep those clothes clean!
- Made the crashword detector for screen readers 300 times better!
- You will now be able to turn on a yes or no prompt for SAY messages when options get redone. Only the coolest things around here.
- Same with the SAY command, you'll be able to set yes or no prompts over the OOC channel.
- Fixed something with the POLICY command so you can do the following: POLICY OVER for the policy overview.
- Fixed the same thing with the HELP command as we did with the POLICY command.
- Added a newbie policy. We also changed and added things to the Overview and General Conduct policies. People, don't forget to read these policies. We've only got seven thus far.
- Policies will now be organized in a nice order.
- Showers most likely no longer print out messages if they've been turned off. Again, most likely.
- We did a lot of enhancements to the SAY command! Here what's new. The first letter in your message gets auto capitalised if you didn't capitalise it. A period will be added to the end of your message unless you put a comma, already put a period, a question mark, or you had a colon. If you put a message such as the following: Hope you are good today, i'm doing great. It will change the I'M to a capitalised I, and same if the I is alone. If you do i'mmmm, it will capitalise the I, and only the I.
- It's here's what's new, not Here what's new.
- Best change of the year: You can now hear toilets flushing from a room away again.
- Yea, our first shop is complete. We can now shower, potty and do all the plungering the toilets require!
- You can now FILL with .
- Added a few random messages for when you flush a toilet after someone used it.
- In case somebody gets confused, timeline, not history is the file you want for reading up on the history of the game.
- Right so, our old Timeline help file was pretty large. That's why we added a very brief history file in the help files and the full timeline will be on our website. http://www.vasthorizons.org It should be up and running smoothly by the time we have a playerbase so enjoy!
- Added body wash and other such soaps. You can now look at bottles of soap and what not to see how much is remaining.
- As fun as it was, you can no longer drop something that you're really not holding to start.
- Fixed the COUNT verb on trashcans as they don't have a limit of how many items they can hold.
- Fixed a traceback with the PUT command on trashcans.
- Not trashcans normal containers.
- Wrote the new HEALTH command. HEALTH to check his or her health. HEALTH to check your own health, or you can use your own name. It's not finished however. (the HEALTH command is) but back end stuff isn't. Check it out anyways!
- You can now input blank lines into your books.
- Most likely made it so that trashcans truly aren't limited.
- Added an NPC help file. It is one of those that you should probably read. It will be adjusted as needed.
- The help files for the Mergallion and Farold races have both been updated to reflect descriptions and gaming better.
- You can now DUMP on
- , or you can use the argument HERE too!
- Fixed something with player creation. Sorry.
- The new social system has been updated to not allow socials in player creation.
- Fixed a small but annoyingly stupid bug with the KISS command and clothing.
- You will now be able to see how you get out of showers when you look inside of them.
- You will now just see the showers description if you look at it and you're not inside of it.
- A help file was added for showers. They are complete enough to use but more fun things may be added in the future!
- Added a help file on time and date.
- You can no longer KISS a male on a female only body part, and you can no longer KISS a female on a male only body part.
- Did some cleanup in the SIT/LIE/STAND commands once again.
- The game is now 200 years in the future! Yay.
- I've dove into it again. I've changed some stuff in connection notifications. I HOST WOMAN take blame for random lag spikes we might get when connecting, crashing, being stupid, and telling you information that's not true! I'm mainly kidding, I only changed one line. It won't break.
- Rewrote what you see and how the time and date is displayed with watches.
- There is a help file on babies, enjoy.
- Added a kiss verb! KISS without arguments to make kissing faces, KISS to kiss your hands and rub them on your cheeks, KISS to kiss them on the lips, and KISS on to kiss them on that body part. We've added a long list, but it's up to you to find out what they are! Best of luck out there!
- I forgot to say if you do something like the following: KISS RIGHT CHEEK it will return I don't understand that, because you don't have the word ON in there.
- You can no longer drop things that your wearing. As of this change, we also cleaned up the DROP verb a little, but it still sucks for the time being.
- You can no longer kiss someone on a body part if it's a part of their body that could be looked at as sexual if they are wearing a clothing item such as a top that would cover his or her breasts to name one. This is to make sure no sexual harrassment happens.
- You can no longer wear tables. I'm sorry, yes it was fun to be walking around wearing a kitchen table with 8 chairs around it, but I don't think anyone puts straps on that stuff.
- Added a help file on pop culture. Hopefully it will help with the RP.
- Trashcans have been given a facelift. Facelift you say? Yes, they will automatically empty every 600 seconds, (10 minutes). However, if the time set on them is grater than that (it gets set to 15 minutes every time that you put something into them) it won't try and empty again for 600 more seconds (10 minutes). If the timer flag is passed the 15 minutes mark the items in the trashcan will be recycled. So, pretty much you have about 20 minutes at the most to get an item out of it. All the normal commands still apply that you think would. PUT
- in , GET
- from LOOK EMPTY (this doesn't take the timers into account), COUNT . We might have forgot some or something. If they work with normal containers, it's a good bet they will work with this.
- Rewrote the I/INV command.
- Someitems that you can't see in the room still might be able to be LOOKed at! Make sure you try to look at stuff that you see in the description!
- Opened the hood of the shops, and tuned a few things so that they work better with some objects, such as food.
- If you want to buy something off the menu, and you want to use part of the name like COW for cow milk, it will now pick the item. You had to type the entire name before. It also picks the first one that it finds.
- You now have to input at least the first three letters of an items name.
- Following the rest of them changes right there, you will now be given a menu if more than one object is found with a simular name.
- Fixed how a few messages were displayed with the account system: First, you can only fail at your username or password 3 times and not 4, oops? Second, when you get booted you no longer see Invalid username or password. Please try again. Followed by getting booted.
- If you're in a lounge or something like it, make sure that you look at the description for something to sit on. The name in the sofa or chair might be in the description!
- If your character gets purged, but somehow doesn't get removed from your account, as soon as you enter your username and password it will be removed.
- Enabled the purging system for Vast Horizon again. Make sure you don't get purged!
- If you can't see a table in the room, but it's in the description you can still look at it to see what's on it.
- Cans and bottle annoy you because you can't OPEN
- ? Mad no more! drinks that are in cans or bottles can now be OPENed to be able to drink the contents! Most likely. Or you can just drink them without opening them. We don't care around here. Cans against bottles even have a little different messages!
- Because we hate you (mommy Wade yelled at me), you now have to open a bottle or can if you wish to drink it!
- Because I forget everything (I just like to make changes), DRAIN follows the same rools of gravity.
- Added Thermos to the drink types.
- Made the EARNINGS command store how much money a shop has made a lot better.
- Added our new social system.
- Like to see stuff right away, but don't want to type a command if you're in the middle of say a mission to see what that thing was? Ask no more! If you type SUPPORT without arguments to get into the menu, and pick option 3, it will now toggle if you see the contents of the support reply right as its sent or not.
- Made it so the last change works if an admin was lazy and sent a pre-written reply. We are allowed to be lazy too!
- The OPTIONS command no longer sits there like an idiot if you supply invalid arguments. It now tells you that you supplied the wrong arguments, and tells you what the valid arguments are. You know, until we get annoyed enough to rewrite all the options and convert them into a much better format! Options suck. Not really, but ours currently do.
- Made it so not every object in the game had a smells property, as only starships have them. The property is now more locally stored, so that not even all 50,000 starships have it as well.
- Added a counter to food and drink dispensers. People can look at a dispenser and know when it is going to need to be refilled.
- Sorry, items that are donator items and items that aren't allowed to be recycled can no longer go into compressible containers... ha ha ha, oops?
- Hello! You can now dump your normal non-compressing containers into the beautiful compressible containers. A few restrictions apply. Please see the back of a cereal box for details... Or, fine this change. Anyways, you can only dump normal containers into compressible containers for now. If an item is corified (why would you have it) it won't go into the compressible container. If it's a donator item it won't compress (move into the compressible container) and if it's marked to not recycle it won't do this. All items when dumped from a normal container into a compressing container will, do what it sounds like. They will compress off DB for safe keeping! If you want it, just pull it out of the compressible container. Normal compressing containers will be dressers, chests, stuff of that sort. Toy boxes for them stupid stuffed animals from claw machines will compress to. Kids, put your toys away. Oh, also, I almost forgot. You must be holding the two containers for this action to comply. DUMP
- . If you have a backpack and you want to dump that into a toybox, the following should work! Dump BACKPACK IN/into TOYBOX. Normal containers also have an item limit of items they can hold. If it gets full it will tell you, and it even takes into account dumping from one container to another! This is so the longest change, and one of the most useless changes. I will now get ban. Thanks I loved you all.
- Perhaps made compressible containers a little faster if there is a boat load of items in them.
- Important information such as your Cash, Productivity points, Battle points, and Roleplay points now get backed up to the server every night at midnight EST.
- Fixed how food and drinks go bad. If they are timed out in the time they are allowed to be around (out of a fridge) they will go away at midnight. Inside of a fridge the 31st night they are in there they will be recycled. Also took this time to cleanup other systems and the main midnight cleanup system.
- To not lag the game to hell and back when a lot of players are here creating and recycling objects, we've rewrote the recycling center to help with this. When an item is recycled, it will now be allowed to sit in the recycling center from an hour to 2 hours. With the recycling center going off every hour, an object could if done at the right times sit in the center for a total of 3 hours.
- We added a help file discussing food and drink dispensers. How they work in general and how we will handle donation requests concerning them.
- Rewrote food and drinks. If you finish an item it now puts a container into your hand, if the item was a white paper plate with a double bacon cheeseburger on it. If it's just an apple, it won't put an empty item in your hand, unless the apple is on a plate. When you EAT/FINISH an item which is a food item you can use part of the container name if there is one, such as EAT to eat a white paper plate with a double bacon cheeseburger on it. Drinks work the same way, but they should always be in a container.... You can LOOK at the item with it's containers name, DROP it, and GET it. DRINK
- to take one sip at a time, DRAIN
- to drain the drink in one command.
- Cash, Productivity points, Battle points, and Roleplay points now get backed up as soon as the database shuts down. If you've lost points, or think you've lost points SUPPORT and we can check the server for what you had when the database shut down.
- Fixed a traceback with compressible containers. If you tried to remove something from the container which wasn't in it, it would continue to try and remove an item that wasn't there! Woo.
- Added better compression for containers! COUNT
- to see the total of items inside of the container. COUNT in
- to count how many items inside of the container match to pouch. PUT
- into to put the item in the container. GET from to pick your item from a menu. GET from to get the first item that matches to the name toy from the container, or GET <2.toy> from to get the second item from the container that matches the name toy. LOOK to see the name of all the items inside of the container. GET to pick it up, and DROP to drop it on the ground!
- Improved how the account system checks your passwords when creating a new account to see if they are equal when you have to input it again.
- Updated the @UPDATE command to work with the new account system. With this change also comes more change. You can no longer update your username on your own here on Vast Horizon. If you wish to have your username updated, because you believe that someone else knows what it is, please SUPPORT and we will be more than welcome to help.
- Fixed the sex and changing password help files. Also did some work on the RP and conduct policies.
- Fixed a traceback with input fields that allow you to enter more than one line of text, such as when sending a SUPPORT, or sending a REPORT.
- Made the SUPPORT command a little cooler! You can now type SUPPORT and hit enter to get a menu, or SUPPORT 1, SUPPORT OP, SUPPORT OPE, SUPPORT OPEN, and SUPPORT NEW to get the first option, which is open a new support. If you wish to view your currently opened support you can type SUPPORT and pick from the menu or SUPPORT 2, SUPPORT VI, SUPPORT VIE, SUPPORT VIEW, SUPPORT CURRENT, and SUPPORT CURRENTLY to view the currently opened support between you and the staff. Do you like doing things more than one way? Well, so do we.
- Rewrote the walk command. You can now type WALK and hit enter to pick from a menu, or type WALK 1 to get the first walk in the menu. You can also type WALK JOG to set your walk type to jog. Walking might create tracebacks as we update all the verbs that use the old system. Sorry for any problems this might create for none of our players at the moment.
- Jumping into a pool now uses your walk type when you go to jump in.
- When disbanding someone from your group when you SWIM at a pool, it no longer assumes that the player disbanding is a guy, and says his group. Ladies, you no longer get called a guy. We do love you, we really do.
- Train changes: Tickets now get removed from your hand using the new hands system. If someone joins your group when you have a group ticket, and they're not in the group it now tells them that you left them behind. Sorry that you never got told before. When you're using a solo pass it no longer says to the people already inside of the train that you enter or board from outside, which ever command you use. It now uses your walk type.
- When you stand up on trains it now uses your walk type when you walk to the exit.
- Cleaned up the walk system. We've added and removed a few as well as fixed typos.
- Fixed a line of text that everyone in the room with you sees when you climb up the steps of a slide.
- Fixed a few messages with sifting nets.
- Fixed all verbs to use the new walking system.
- Fixed about 15 tracebacks with the new shops. Oops.
- The points command will no longer return and tell you nothing, if there is nothing in the shop. It tells you there is nothing in the shop. Who knew that you could do that?
- If there is only a heading in a menu of a shop, it will no longer say, Steve's Comm Shop has no items for sale, than say the headings names. It'll just read the heading names.
- Typing BUY with no arguments in shops which has no items in it no longer says there is no items than put you into an empty. We've fixed all of them for sure now.
- Rewrote exits. Also added go exits. You can use part of the go exits name. Like, GO STABLE (GO STA for the lazy). Go exits don't show up in the list of exits, so make sure that you read the descriptions!
- If more than one go exit is found with the input that you supplied, you can now pick from a beautiful menu.
- Fixed a few bugs with the new account system. Like not allowing you to use a username that you used for the old system of accounts, because this system doesn't store the same way. Also fixed a few bugs where if you got booted in the account creation it would leave an account sitting around that wasn't completed.
- Made the host detector for the SAY command about 35.45 percent better. Until we rewrite the SAY command, and break everything.
- Wrote yet again another account system. This one is far better than the old one, and a lot cleaner! You're players are linked to an account, so if you delete you don't have to create a new account. No more being linked to your char crap. Clap clap.
- Made it so the purge systems go off at midnight.
- Converted a lot of stuff to run off of a midnight cleanup system. Food and drink utilities that make them go bad, object cleanup, asteroid kit cleanup, support cleanup, and a number of other things now fire off at midnight EST. A notice will go off warning you that the database might have a few moments of lag while it happens, but it shouldn't be much if any. Here's to a cleaner database!
- Items get you down when sifting because they are worth no points or cash? Mad no more! If your hands are full and you find an item, you will no longer just dump it on the ground and not get money or points for it. Bugs are trashy, and we spray them with bug killer to destroy them.
- Converted all the verbs to use the new hands system. Please report if anything strange happens or breaks! Like picking something up and you're now holding two things, or picking something up and it putting it into your left hand when your right hand was empty and you had something in your left hand that no longer shows the old item.
- Fixed a bug where the recycling center would crash because of the new hand system. Woops.
- Fixed a bug with the @CHANGES command. If you put in an argument after the command that wasn't a valid argument it would sit there like it wanted to do something but wouldn't.
- Fixed another bug that I just put into play with the @CHANGES command that could in turn lag the MOO because it sat there searching and trying to find random changes forever until I kicked it back into action. Woops.
- Rewrote the hand system. Please type @DEFAULT-HAND to pick a default hand. This will inpact which hand you use to pick something up, if your hands are empty.
- You can no longer UNBOLT something if you don't have a free hand, as it moves the item to you. Also did some other cleaning up of the unbolt verb!
- Made some needed cleanup to how the JUGGLE command works. It most likely doesn't even work, but I don't know.
- Made a few changes to weapon belts. You can no longer UNCLIP anything from them if you don't have a free hand, and you can no longer push items into your arms.
- Made a small change to how the new charge boosters work! It's nothing that you should notice, but as I incorparated a new verb into them, everything might break. Please REPORT/SUPPORT if everything dies completely.
- Overhauled the HELP command to help load on the database. It works just as it did before. HELP without any arguments pulls up a list of all the help files, or you can do HELP COMMAND to pull up the Match Command help file. Note, if more than one help file is found with the arguments you supply, you may have to choose from a list.
- Added two helpfiles, donations and nonpilot characters.
- Rewrote everything else to do with help files. If you notice anything strange, please send a support.
- Rewrote the POLICY command and everything to do with policies just like the help files. All policies are still here.
- Info will now tell you how long you've been connected from the time that you connected last. If you log into the game, and type info 2 seconds after you connect, it will say 2 seconds. If you check it 3 hours after you connect, it will say 3 hours.